D-4A marine air horn
Kahlenberg Chimetone D-4A
Kahlenberg Chimetone four-series air horns provide superyacht quality sound signals to the increasing number of mega yachts that are being built in the 75m-200m size segment, as well as a wide variety of ships. IMO compliant and suitable for all vessels up to 200m (246ft) overall length.
The Kahlenberg Chimetone D-4A is a two-projector marine air horn constructed entirely out of spun brass and bronze and tuned to 171Hz and 220Hz to provide a harmonic, highly effective sound signal for larger superyachts.
Finished with the finest quality duplex nickel chrome plating, white powdercoat or bare, the D-4A can operate over a very wide range of air pressure, for adaption to ship supply where this is available.
Listen to the Kahlenberg D-4A marine air horn
Model D-4A Chimetone features
- Vessel length – 75-200M
- Heated? – No
- Finish – Kahlenberg Chrome Plate Finish (White Powdercoat/Gold PVD/Black Chrome Optional)
- Fundamental Frequency – 171 and 220 Hz
- S.P.L. (dB(A) at 1 meter) – 143.2dB
- S.P.L. (1/3 Octave @ 1 Meter) – 138.3 dB
- Air Consumption – 116 c.f.m. (54.7 l/s) @ 150 p.s.i. (10 bar)
- Air Pressure Required – 100 to 250 p.s.i. (7 to 17 bar)
- Control – External manual/solenoid operating valve
- Material – Cast Bronze and Brass
- Net weight – 145 lb (65 kg)
- Dimensions – 25in x 24in x 13in (635mm x 612mm x 330mm)