Acceptable use policy
This website kahlenberg.co.uk and other websites owned or operated by Kahlenberg UK from time to time (‘Websites’) and the services offered on and through the Websites and Kahlenberg UK, are offered to you by Kahlenberg UK Ltd.
Please read this Acceptable Use Policy carefully before using Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems or services or the Website or contracting with Kahlenberg UK Ltd through the Website or otherwise. You may not use the Website or their contents or Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy was last updated on 1 September 2012.
1. Acceptance of Acceptable Use Policy
1.1 By accessing any part of the Website or using Kahlenberg UK Ltd Ltd systems and services, you shall be deemed to have accepted this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not accept the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, you must leave the relevant Website immediately and not use any Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services.
1.2 Kahlenberg UK Ltd reserves the right to change or update this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. Any revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy will be published on the Website and any significant changes that affect your rights will be notified to you by email where you have provided your email address to Kahlenberg UK Ltd pursuant to a contract with us.
1.3 Additional terms of business and/or terms and conditions apply where you enter into any contract with Kahlenberg UK Ltd for Kahlenberg UK Ltd goods and services via the Website or otherwise whereupon these terms and Acceptable Use Policy will form a part of such contract that you have with Kahlenberg UK Ltd.
2. Acceptable Use Policy
2.1 Kahlenberg UK Ltd supports the free flow of information and ideas over the internet and does not actively monitor use of the Website and Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems under normal circumstances. However, Kahlenberg UK Ltd seeks to balance this aim with Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s obligations to other users, third parties and at law. Kahlenberg UK Ltd does therefore conduct random checks or investigations from time to time to ascertain compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy and to comply with or investigate any enforcement agency or police request or other complaints. Kahlenberg UK Ltd also therefore requires that, in using the Website and Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems or services, you do not:
- 2.1.1 say or do anything that would cause annoyance, inconvenience, harassment or needless anxiety to others;
- 2.1.2 advertise or promote third party or your own products or services by way of the distribution of ‘spam’ mail;
- 2.1.3 use foul, threatening, offensive language, or sexually explicit language;
- 2.1.4 make insulting remarks to or about other users of the Website or Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems, Kahlenberg UK Ltd or third parties;
- 2.1.5 distribute illegal, copyright infringing, indecent or offensive material or any messages or content that may incite disorder or encourage illegal activities or that causes or may cause harm to minors;
- 2.1.6 impersonate Kahlenberg UK Ltd or another person;
- 2.1.7 transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;
- 2.1.8 use the Websites, Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems or services to conduct any fraudulent activity including, without limitation, any ‘pyramid scheme’, ‘ponzi scheme’ or ‘chain letter’;
- 2.1.9 breach or otherwise fail to comply with relevant licence terms in connection with any hardware or licensed content that you access via the Websites, Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services;
- 2.1.10 connect any insecure computer hardware or other machines to the Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems which may be exploited by third parties to carry out activities that are in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy; or
- 2.1.11 access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Websites or Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s security measures.
2.2 Kahlenberg UK Ltd may take any or all of the following action at its discretion:
- 2.2.1 remove any material that, in Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s sole discretion may be inappropriate or that Kahlenberg UK Ltd may suspect to be illegal, may subject Kahlenberg UK Ltd to liability, damage Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s reputation or which may violate this Acceptable Use Policy or where Kahlenberg UK Ltd is required to do so by law;
- 2.2.2 issue you with verbal or written warnings and take such further action as Kahlenberg UK Ltd deems appropriate if such warnings are not heeded;
- 2.2.3 suspend or terminate your access to any or all of the Websites or Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services without notice at any time;
- 2.2.4 inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity; or
- 2.2.5 bring legal action against you or any other user in relation to any breach by you or such other user of this Acceptable Use Policy or any illegal or suspected illegal activity. Kahlenberg UK Ltd will determine what action is appropriate to be taken against a user on a case by case basis.
2.3 Your breach of this Acceptable Use Policy may also give rise to termination of or further action under any contract you may have with Kahlenberg UK Ltd.
2.4 You acknowledge that Kahlenberg UK Ltd may be required by law or regulation to access, monitor, store or copy material sent by you or to you or other users without further notice.
2.5 In addition to the obligations set out in Clause 2.1, you agree that in using the Websites, Kahlenberg UK Ltd services and systems, you will at all times comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
2.6 You agree to compensate us for any loss or damage that may be caused to Kahlenberg UK Ltd (including reasonable legal costs) as a consequence of your breach of any of Clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.5 and 3.2.
3. Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 Your use of the Websites, Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services grants no rights to you in relation to copyright, trade marks or other of Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties including Kahlenberg UK Ltd’s licensors.
3.2 You may not, without limitation, copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, communicate to the public, or otherwise use the content included in or provided via the Websites, Kahlenberg UK Ltd systems and services except for your own personal, non-commercial use or where Kahlenberg UK Ltd expressly gives you a right to do so on a case-by-case basis. Subject to the above, you may download insubstantial excerpts of such content to your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
4. Business Details
4.1 You can write to Kahlenberg Ltd at its address:
4.2 Address – The Old Dairy, Standen Manor, Hungerford RG17 0RB. England, UK.