The M-511C not only automatically sounds the appropriate signal for restricted visibility requirements under Rule 35 of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs), but also performs manoeuvring codes, a danger code and general alarm as well as offering a standard 'at-will' button. It completely frees the skipper, master or watch from remembering the frequency of sound signals, leaving them able to fully focus on the safety of their boat or ship.
The M-511C sounds the appropriate signal for the following restricted visibility requirements under Rule 35 of the COLREGs:
- Vessel underway (Rule 35a)
- Vessel underway but stopped (Rule 35b)
- Vessel restricted in ability to manoeuvre (Rule 35c)
- Vessel being towed (Rule 35d)
- Vessel at anchor (Rule 35f)
The Kahlenberg M-511C Sound Signal Controller also handles the following
- Manoeuvring codes: altering course to starboard, port, astern, danger
- Start/stop automatic function
- General alarm function in line with IMO/SOLAS requirements with accidental touch protection
- Integrated 'at-will' switch
The Kahlenberg M-511C Sound Signal Controller is waterproof and comes as standard with red backlighting. It has 12V-24V DC and 115/230V AC versions. Operational current is 0.25A and the unit can handle up to a 1.75A load to the sound signal solenoid.